Registered Nurse - PSCU
Wausau, WI 54401
Currently looking for a Registered Nurse to fill a three-month assignment in Wausau, Wisconsin. This registered nurse opportunity is in the Post Surgical Care Unit. This is a fast-paced unit, averaging 10-15 admissions per day.
Responsibilities of the Oncology Registered Nurse
- Nursing care is provided through assessment, implementations, and evaluation of the plan of care.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
- Carries out functions according to medical center policy, mission, and standards of practice as defined by professional and regulatory guidelines.
Requirements of the Registered Nurse
- A minimum of 3 years experience, on a post-surgical floor, specializing in general surgery, orthopedic and neuro-spine.
- Experience with chest tubes, VAC, epidural, PCA, Alaris IV, tube feeding, NG tubes, Hemovac, JP drains, orthopedic braces (TLSO/Jewitt), blood administration. Certification in Med/Surg. And/or Orthopedic.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong critical thinking and process management skills.
- Wisconsin State registered nurse license required
Compensation of the Registered Nurse
- Salary: $38.00 to $39.00 per hour. Based on experience, benefit level and traveler status.
- First Day Health Insurance Coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Complimentary $15, 000 Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan (up to 4.0% Company Match)
- License Reimbursement (when applying for a license in a new state)
- $500 Referral Bonus
- *Eligibility for these benefits depends on meeting various requirements.
myPTsolutions is a therapist-owned medical staffing company, specializing in Physical & Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists and Registered Nurses. We believe that compassion is the foundation of healthcare. We serve others because we truly care about them.