Special Education Teacher
Muskegon, MI 49445
Currently looking for a Special Education Teacher to fill a contract for the 2019-2020 school year in Muskegon, Michigan. This assignment is full time, Monday-Friday working with middle school students. This assignment could transition into a permanent position for the right candidate. Interested candidates should have a bachelor s degree in Education, as well as a teaching certificate with the special education endorsement.
Responsibilities of the Special Education Teacher
- Evaluate students knowledge and skills to establish strengths, prepare lesson plans and objectives, build and develop IEPS for students, discuss students progress with parents, teachers, counselors & administrators.
- Bachelor s degree in Elementary Education, K12 Certification and special Ed Endorsement in LD, EI or CI.
- Prefer Candidate that is highly qualified in ELA or Math.
- Must have credentials appropriate for teaching special education from the State of Michigan.
- Awareness of MTSS and different approaches to academic and behavioral interventions.
- Experience in teach teaching, IEP development and implementation are all preferred.
- Salary: Based on experience, benefit level and traveler status.
- First Day Health Insurance Coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Complimentary $15, 000 Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan (up to 4.0% Company Match)
- License Reimbursement (when applying for a license in a new state)
- $500 Referral Bonus
- *Eligibility for these benefits depends on meeting various requirements.
Job JN -082019-6311